Hi, my name’s Liang Shuailong. I’m a PhD student in Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), Singapore. I am expected to graduate in Summer 2020.
I do research on deep learning and natural language processing (NLP), and enjoy coding. My PhD research areas include fundamental NLP research, such as sequence labelling, as well as its applications in social science etc. I was one of the organizers of SemEval 2020 Task 4: Commonsense Validation and Explanation.
I am also interested in Fintech and Web development.
I am most skilled in: Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing. Beginer on Finance and Web dev (Coursera Course Certificate). My CV can be downloaded here.
Shuailong Liang, Olivia Nicol, Yue Zhang. 2019.Who Blames Whom in a Crisis? Detecting Blame Ties from News Articles Using Neural Networks. In Proceedings of Thirty-Third AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-19). Hawaii, USA, 2019. (Acceptance rate: 16.2%)
Cunxiang Wang, Shuailong Liang, Yue Zhang, Xiaonan Li and Tian Gao. Does It Make Sense And Why A Pilot Study for Sense Making and Explanation. The 57th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL 2019: Long paper). Florence, Italy, 2019.
Cunxiang Wang, Shuailong Liang, Yue Zhang and Xiaodan Zhu. SemEval 2020 Task 4: Commonsense Validation and Explanation. SemEval-2020: International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation.
Jie Yang, Yue Zhang, Shuailong Liang. Subword Encoding in Lattice LSTM for Chinese Word Segmentation. Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL 2019: Short paper). Minneapolis, USA, 2019.
Jie Yang, Shuailong Liang and Yue Zhang. Design Challenges and Misconceptions in Neural Sequence Labeling. In Proceedings of the 27th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING 2018). Santa Fe, USA, 2018. Best Paper Award: Most Reproducible Paper.
Applied Scientist Intern
Nov 15th 2019 - Feb 29 2020
- Literature Review in Deep Learning based Goal Oriented Dialogue Systems
- Reimplement and carry out extensive evaluation of TRADE (Transferable Multi-domain State Generator for Task-Oriented Dialogue Systems) by Wu et al., ACL 2019
- Implement Novel neural network architectures for weakly supervised dialog state tracking task
- Reference Letter
2015.9 - 2020.6
- Advisor: Yue Zhang
- Rearch interest: Commonsense Reasoning, NLP applications in social science, fundamental NLP such as NER etc.
- Award: President’s Graduate Fellowship
- Publications: publicatations records on AAAI, ACL, NAACL and COLING.
Bachelor of Engineering
2011.9 - 2015.6
- Major: Digital Media Technology
- Awards: Scholarship of National Training Base of Digital Media Technology